Table of contents
- General information.
- Selected data protection methods used by the Operator.
- Your rights and additional information about how we use your data.
- Information in forms.
- The Administrator’s logs.
- Relevant marketing techniques.
- Information about cookies.
- Management of cookies – how to give and withdraw consent in practice.
1. General information
- This policy applies to the Website, operating at url: www.metkom.pl/en/
- The operator of the Website and the Administrator of personal data is: Metkom Sp z.o.o Pustynia 31 A, 39-200 Dębica
- Operator’s e-mail contact address: email@example.com
- The Operator is the Administrator of your personal data with regard to the data provided voluntarily on the Website.
- The Website uses personal data for the following purposes:
- Running the comment system
- Handling inquiries through the form
- The Website performs the functions of obtaining information about users and their behavior in the following ways:
- Through voluntarily entered data in the forms, which are entered into the Operator’s systems.
- By storing cookies (so-called “cookies”) in the end devices.
2. Selected methods of data protection used by the Operator
- Sites for logging and entering personal data are protected in the transmission layer (SSL certificate). As a result, personal data and login data entered on the site are encrypted on the user’s computer and can only be read on the target server.
- Personal data stored in the database is encrypted in such a way that only the key holder of the Operator can read it. This protects the data in case the database is stolen from the server.
- User passwords are stored in hashed form. The hashing function works one-way – it is not possible to reverse it, which is now the modern standard for storing user passwords.
- The operator periodically changes his administrative passwords.
- An important element of data protection is the regular updating of all software used by the Operator to process personal data, which in particular means regular updates of software components.
- The website is hosted (technically maintained) on the server of the operator: nazwa.pl
- The hosting company:
- applies measures to protect against data loss (e.g. disk arrays, regular security copies),
- applies adequate measures to protect processing sites in case of fire (e.g. special firefighting systems),
- applies adequate measures to protect processing systems in case of sudden power failure (e.g., dual power paths, generators, UPS voltage backup systems),
- applies measures to physically protect access to data processing sites (e.g., access control, monitoring),
- applies measures to ensure appropriate environmental conditions for servers as elements of the data processing system (e.g. control of environmental conditions, specialized air conditioning systems),
- applies organizational solutions to ensure the highest possible degree of protection and confidentiality (training, internal regulations, password policies, etc.), has appointed a Data Protection Officer.
- The hosting company, in order to ensure technical reliability, keeps logs at the server level. The record may be subject to:
- resources specified by URL identifier (addresses of requested resources – pages, files),
- time of arrival of the request,
- time of sending the response,
- he name of the client station – identification carried out by the HTTP protocol,
- information about errors that occurred during the execution of HTTP transactions,
- URL address of the page previously visited by the user (referer link) – in case the Site was accessed via a link,
- information about the user’s browser,
- information about the IP address,
- diagnostic information related to the process of self-ordering services through registrars on the Site,
- information related to the handling of e-mail addressed to the Operator and sent by the Operator.
4. Your rights and additional information on how your data will be used
- In certain situations, the Administrator has the right to transfer your personal data to other recipients if this is necessary for the performance of the contract concluded with you or for the fulfillment of obligations incumbent on the Administrator. This applies to such groups of recipients:
- hosting company on the basis of entrustment
- authorized employees and associates who use the data to fulfill the purpose of the website
- companies, providing marketing services to the Administrator
- Your personal data processed by the Administrator for no longer than necessary to perform the related activities specified by separate regulations (e.g., on accounting). With regard to marketing data, data will not be processed for longer than 3 years.
- You have the right to request from the Administrator:
- access to personal data concerning you,
- their rectification,
- restriction of processing,
- and data portability.
- You have the right to object, with respect to the processing indicated in 3.3 c), to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of carrying out the legitimate interests pursued by the Administrator, including profiling, with the right to object not being exercisable if there are valid legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, in particular the establishment, assertion or defense of claims.
- You may complain about the Administrator’s actions to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, 2 Stawki Street, 00-193 Warsaw.
- Provision of personal data is voluntary, but necessary to operate the Contact Form.
- Automated decision-making, including profiling for the purpose of providing services under the concluded agreement and for the purpose of direct marketing by the Administrator, may be undertaken in relation to you.
- Personal data is not transferred from third countries within the meaning of data protection regulations. This means that we do not send them outside the European Union.
5. Information in forms
- The site collects information voluntarily provided by the user, including personal information, if provided.
- The site may record information about connection parameters (timestamp, IP address).
- The data provided in the form is processed for the purpose resulting from the function of the form, i.e. to perform the process of service request or business contact. Each time the context and description of the form clearly informs what it is used for.
6. Administrator’s Logs
- User behavior information on the site may be subject to logging. This data is used to administer the site.
7. Relevant marketing techniques
- The Operator uses remarketing techniques to match advertising messages to the user’s behavior on the site, which may give the illusion that the user’s personal information is being used to track the user, but in practice no personal information is transferred from the Operator to advertising operators. A technological prerequisite for such activities is that cookies are enabled.
- The Operator uses a solution that studies user behavior by creating heat maps and recording behavior on the site. This information is anonymized before it is sent to the service operator so that the operator does not know which individual it relates to. In particular, typed passwords and other personal information are not recorded.
8. Information about cookies
- Cookies (so-called “cookies“) are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Website User’s terminal equipment and are intended for use on the Website. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, the time they are stored on the terminal equipment and a unique number.
- The entity placing cookies on the Website User’s terminal equipment and accessing them is the Website operator.
- Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to carry out the purposes specified above in the section “Relevant marketing techniques“;
- The Site uses two main types of cookies: “session” (sessioncookies) and “permanent” (persistentcookies). “Session” cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User’s terminal device until the User logs out, leaves the website or shuts down the software (web browser). “Permanent” cookies are stored on the User’s end device for the time specified in the parameters of the cookies or until they are deleted by the User.
- Web browsing software (Internet browser) usually allows the storage of cookies on the User’s terminal device by default. Users of the Website may change their settings in this regard. The web browser makes it possible to delete cookies. It is also possible to automatically block cookies Detailed information on this subject is contained in the help or documentation of the Internet browser.
- Cookies placed on the Website User’s end device may also be used by entities cooperating with the Website operator, in particular this applies to companies: Google (Google Inc. based in the USA), Facebook (Facebook Inc. based in the USA), Twitter (Twitter Inc. based in the USA).
9. Cookie management – how to give and withdraw consent in practice?
- If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings. We stipulate that disabling cookies necessary for authentication processes, security, maintenance of user preferences may hinder, and in extreme cases may make it impossible to use the websites.
- To manage your cookie settings, select the web browser you are using from the list below and follow the instructions:
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings. We stipulate that disabling cookies necessary for authentication processes, security, maintenance of user preferences may hinder, and in extreme cases may prevent the use of websites.